By Alexandra Prince
All Souls Church in Tannersville was originally built in 1894. The church is a favorite landmark in the area notable for its stone construction in the Gothic Revival style and it continues to hold Episcopal services during the summer season.
The first image of the church is from a glass plate negative donated to the Mountain Top Historical Society archives by Shirley and Gerald Dunn, part of a larger collection of photographs taken in the early 20th century by Oscar Showers. The second image was taken today, with the overcast sky meant as an approximation of the wonderful swirl-like effect of the clouds in the original glass plate negative.