Read the current issue of our quarterly publication
From our Archives and Notable Links:
- Video from Diane Galusha's presentation "Enslaved: People as Property in Delaware County, 1790 – 1830" and the "Three Extraordinary Ordinary Women" program is now viewable on our Youtube page.
- Read about the MTHS's Oral History Project and listen to interviews.
- Town of Hunter historian and MTHS board member Dede Terns-Thorpe has published a new book titled Tidbits of the Town of Hunter. You can purchase the book on Amazon.
- The Hotel Kaaterskill 1883 Fire Safety Survey and floor plan.One of several letters from Civil War soldier William Young. Donated by Odile Dwyer.
View a collection of glass plate negatives, the gift of Shirley and Gerald Dunn, here.
- A favorite part of our collection to many local residents is the collection donated by Wilma Kohler. It includes one of our favorite photographs of photographer John Rusk and a signature quilt from 1846.
Mountain Top Historical Society
5132 Rt.23A / PO Box 263 Haines Falls, NY 12436
The Visitors' Center is OPEN for the season when volunteers are available.
Our campus, including access to the Kaaterskill Rail Trail, is open year-round to the public.
Keep the Catskills Beautiful: Please CARRY OUT what you CARRY IN